ipterm - Networking Toolbox
This appliance contains the following networking tools:
- net-tools (basic network administration tools)
- iproute2 (advanced network administration tools)
- ping and traceroute
- curl (data transfer utility)
- host (DNS lookup utility)
- mtr (full screen traceroute)
- socat (utility for reading/writing from/to network connections)
- ssh client
- mtools (multicast tools msend & mreceive),
It is divided into several sub-images:
This image includes the common utilities mentioned previously.
It creates the foundation for the next images.
It's not intended, that the user directly uses this image.
Based on ipterm-base it sets bash as the default command and
uses /root as a persistent directory.
This adds the Firefox web browser to ipterm-base.
Like ipterm, the /root directory is persistent.
Build and publish the Images
First the base image has to be created:
docker build -t ipterm-base base
docker push ipterm-base (optional)
Afterwards the cli and/or the web image can be built:
docker build -t ipterm cli
docker push ipterm
docker build -t webterm web
docker push webterm