[Deprecated] web_java - Firefox Web Browser, Java-8 and Java Web Start
Warning: Doesn’t work with newer ASAv versions, for example v9.12 from CML 2
This image contains the Firefox web browser, Java-8 and
Java web start. Please note, that Firefox has disabled
the Java plugin, so this is not included in this image.
To ease the use with Cisco ASDM a laucher has been added.
The directories /root and /etc/java-8-openjdk are persistent.
That allows changes in the java configuration. For example
MD5 can be allowed in /etc/java-8-openjdk/security/java.security,
which is necessary to run ASDM v6.xxx.
This appliance contains the following networking tools:
- Firefox web browser
- Java-8 (OpenJDK 8 Java runtime environment)
- Java web start / JNLP (IcedTea NetX)
- Launcher for Cisco ASDM
- net-tools (basic network administration tools)
- iproute2 (advanced network administration tools)
- ping and traceroute
- curl (data transfer utility)
- host (DNS lookup utility)
- mtr (full screen traceroute)
- socat (utility for reading/writing from/to network connections)
- ssh client
- mtools (multicast tools msend & mreceive),
Build and publish the Image
Before webterm and ipterm-base has to be build.
docker build -t web_java .
docker push web_java